RE: Project DELTA

Alan Flippen writes:

This whole episode keeps bringing back memories of things that never made it
into the "unofficial history." E.g. the weekday during the summer while we
were in 011, when Jim Stallings went to the Deer Park and bought us all a
bunch of beer, which we poured into empty Coke cans and drank right under
the noses of Boas and Uffelman (Stallings even offered Uffelman a sip of his
"Coke", causing the rest of us to nearly die stifling our laughter). Or the
time when Rich Thomson discovered the Stanford Glossary of Hacker Jargon (I
think he downloaded it over the pre-Internet) and made us all start using
words like "crufty" and "foo." (Oddly enough, I discovered recently that the
Jargon Glossary, much updated, is now available on the Web. I went and
looked at it and discovered that the PDP-11 is now considered one of the
legendary hacker machines and those who knew how to hack it are minor
celebrities in that world.)

Cecelia