Subject: PDP-10 Software Archive now on-line
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 1999 15:43:02 -0400
From: Tim Shoppa <shoppa@trailing-edge.com>
Newsgroups: alt.sys.pdp10,alt.folklore.computers

I'm pleased to announce that I've finally organized the PDP-10
related material in my posession and put it on-line.  At

  http://pdp-10.trailing-edge.com/

you will find several hundred megabytes of TOPS-10 and TOPS-20
tape images (largely from Megan Gentry's efforts at rescuing
several KS10's in Cambridge earlier this year), individual files
extracted from those tapes, and several
hundred megabytes of DECUS TOPS-10 and TOPS-20 freeware.
You will also find, interspersed among the contents of that page,
numerous plugs for me and my capabilities to archive digital media
for the future, and my absolute dedication to exact tape images.

The TOPS-10 and TOPS-20 material is provided to aid those
folks who have accepted the terms of the 36-bit Hobbyist
license in fulfilling their responsibilities as outlined in
section 3.1 of that agreement.  Please see the full text of the
license at the above URL.

I'm open to comments, suggestions, criticism, etc., on the layout
of the archives and how they are presented over the web.  Fire away!
And if anyone has any material to add to the archives, I'm willing
to do whatever it takes to preserve this software.

--
 Tim Shoppa                        Email: shoppa@trailing-edge.com
 Trailing Edge Technology          WWW:   http://www.trailing-edge.com/