Re: a couple of random game references

On Mon, Jun 14, 1999 9:45 AM, Phil McRevis <mailto:legalize@xmission.com>
wrote:
>I remember buying two books that had BASIC program listings of game
>programs.  I think the longest of them was "spacewar", whereas many of
>them were short games where the listing was only a page or two long.
>(I seem to recall they were all written in Darthmouth BASIC.)  Both
>books were by the same author, and David H. Ahl strikes me as the
>author now that my memory is refreshed.  If it is the same book, I had
>no idea at the time that anyone from DELTA had contributed to the
>books!  Cool!  I may still have those books somewhere around my
>parents' house if they haven't yet thrown it out. :-)

I have "The Best of Creative Computing" volumes 1-3 by David Ahl as well as
many issues of the magazine.  For some reason I was able to discard all of
my IEEE and CACM stuff, but I couldn't bear to let those go.  I also have a
bunch of isses of 80 Micro and Popular Computing.  Unfortunately, all of
these items are currently inaccessible due to my house remodel.  If you
want me to look up anything, let me know in about a month or two...

I also have almost every issue of the first 10 years of Byte.  Other than
EBay, anyone know a good way to turn these into cash?

_emt