Re: Selectronics

> Date: Fri, 26 Jun 1998 09:11:26 -0400 (EDT)
> From: Ron Dozier <dozier@udel.edu>
> To: deltoids@mcws.net
> Subject: Selectronics
>
> On a recent trip to Philidelphia, I saw the sign off of Gray's Ferry
> after exiting 76 at University Avenue so it's likely still
> there.  At the time I could not stop.  It's been a long time.

It's basically still there although part of the old building (where
they used to have 99 asians taking apart stuff with hammers) was torn
down.  I think they cut back on the out-right "electronics scap"
business, but I haven't seen the guys in a couple of years - didn't
see any presense at TCF this year either.

Spent a lot of money there over the years - got some fun toys and
some heavy, space-occupying boat-anchors...  8-)

						George