terminal driver hacks

Does anyone have a canonical list of terminal driver hacks that
originated at DELTA?  The "history" mentions ^V, but we can't seem
to remember what it did. :)  I recall that ^V was a local hack, but
I can't exactly remember its function... was it some sort of foreground/
background job control?  I remember Ed Jones telling me about unix
job control (^Z, ^Y), and I have a vague memory of trying out unix job
control and thinking I liked DELTA's job control better.
--
					    Rich Thomson
					    rthomson@ptc.com